Let's get started!

Initializing...



Monday, April 11, 2005

iTunes Stole My Soul!

It's been about a month since I got my computer, and in that time I would estimate that iTunes has been used more than any other program I own. Quite simply, I love the damn thing. It's the perfect refinement of my old Zeppelin bootleg list, allowing me to fawn anally over days worth of songs, organizing them until my obsessive-compulsive heart is satisfied.

It's also a good refuge for the moderately down-in-the-dumps. Don't know what's up with me lately. I feel like I've hit a plateau, and the more I struggle to cross it and begin my way up the next mountain, the further off into the distance the plateau seems to stretch. All this metaphoric running has left me a tired and short-tempered monkey. It happens.

Back to iTunes: I love the shuffle. I use it all the time. iTunes just decided to play me "Soul Sacrifice" by Santana. How did it know I was worried about my soul? Has iTunes really stolen my essence? Only time will tell. Watch me closely for signs of soul leakage.

Also, if anyone has any words of advice on P2P download programs for the Mac, I'm all ears. I've got Limewire up and running, but I find it really slow. I have also tried mlmac, which I find inpenetrable. Anyone?