Let's get started!

Initializing...



Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I still exist!

I mean, I think I still exist! I exist as much as I ever have, in any event.

Hello, DS! My name is Joe. I am your father. You may be wondering why I abandoned you and your mothers (Gravity Boy, Domina, Mescalito) all those many months ago. It's complicated, and you're too young to understand.

Ok, I'll try and explain: A few months ago I got promoted at work. It has been very exciting. It has also been very time consuming. For the last month (and for reasons I won't get into here) I worked on our Summer Guide non-stop. It got so bad I worked 8 hours on Sun. May 6. That's right. I woke up at 11:30 a.m., made coffee, sat down on the couch and started working. I stopped at 8 that night. Yes, I probably got up to piss and to eat something, and thank you for your concern.

At the same time that my work life was changing, I lost my home Internet connection. Or, to put it another way, my neighbor moved his router and I am no longer able to pick up his unencrypted signal. Damn.

So, that double whammy put me out of commission for a while. Would you believe I've had a Mondo Condo photo on my laptop for over two months now? It's true! Maybe I'll post it sometime before New Year's Eve.

So, why post now? Well, Mescalito was (deservedly) ragging me a few days ago, pointing out that this blog is named for me and all. True enough, Mesc, true enough.

Also, I will be traveling to San Francisco this weekend, and I figured I'd do a post now and get all the "Oh my God, who is this Joe character posting on our blog?" comments out of the way ahead of time, so that any posts I do of California actually elicit comments about California. Plus, if I die in a fiery explosion somewhere over Iowa, at least I said good bye.

This is a weird time for me. I have a lot going on, both in the real world and in the world inside my head. I'm a little bit worn down; a lot bit frustrated. I'm sure that in the morning I'll feel as right as rain, however.

So, that's it. I'm still alive. I owe Domina a phone call. And I will not go quietly into that great night.