Let's get started!

Initializing...



Wednesday, July 26, 2006

There's a New Chip in Town


Being anti-potato chip (unless there's some sort of dip around, preferably French onion), I've spent a lot of time trying to find a satisfying snack food. For a while -- really, up until a few weeks ago -- I struggled with a rather serious Natural Cheddar Cheetos addiction. Then, I discovered Terra Chips. Okay, so they've been around for 15 years or so, but so what? I didn't know about them.

Why do I love this exotic snack so much? Well, to start off, each chip explodes in your mouth with its own unique burst of flavor, which almost makes eating them an adventure. The veggies used are a seasonal mix of taro, batata, sweet potato, yuca, parsnip, red taro (colored with beet juice), and the ingredients -- canola oil and/or sunflower oil, and salt -- are all natural. No preservatives, no unpronounceable additives -- hell, if it wasn't for the Nutrition Facts (7 grams of fat per six servings), I'd almost say they were healthy. So try them out. Unless you're Joe, you won't be disappointed.