Let's get started!

Initializing...



Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Choice Is Made (almost)

Ok, folks. I think I have arrived at my laptop choice. After much thought, and some extended shopping online with Luis (Thanks Lou!), I ended up right back where I began. Ladies and gentleman, may I present the G4 Powerbook:

• 1.5GHz PowerPC G4
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive @ 5400rpm
• 512MB DDR333 (256MB built-in + 256MB SO-DIMM)
• 8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
• AirPort Extreme Card
• NVIDIA GeForce FX GO 5200 with 64MB DDR Video Memory
• 12.1-inch TFT Display
• Keyboard/Mac OS - U.S. English
• iLife software bundle (iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band 2, iTunes)
• AppleCare Protection Plan for PowerBook (w/ or w/o Display)
• Estimated Ship:4-6 business days
• Free Shipping
• Subtotal $2,048.00

I've really been agonizing over this. I want to make the right decision. I don't know to what degree I am blinded by Apple hype. I know that I love OS X at work, and I feel like I want to work on the apple platform at home as well. From everything I have read and from talking to some folks who own the Powerbook, all I hear is good things (except about battery life).

I am willing to listen, though. If there is anyone here who believes that this couple of Joe and G4 Powerbook should not be wed, let them speak now or forever hold their peace. Seriously. I will consider all options.

Otherwise, Steve Jobs gets my cash.