Let's get started!

Initializing...



Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday Monday

Welcome here my friends
To the show that never ends
So glad you could attend
Come inside, come inside...

So, my lack of Internet at home has not been kind. I really miss the digital wonder of our age. Unfortunately, it seems I still owe Time Warner, er, cough, Brighthouse Networks money from an apartment I had 3 years ago. This has slowed the installation process somewhat. I don't understand how Time Warner can change the name of their cable division, thereby shedding all association with the negative corporate image and lousy customer service record they had developed in the home cable industry, and yet Brighthouse still wants to be associated with the money that is owed to Time Warner. I just don't understand the vagaries of corporate America. In any event, I hope to be up and running by the end of the month.

In the meantime, my days have been spent accumulating furniture (still not there yet), sorting through boxes of shit I can't believe I own (Mercury Insurance envelopes, anyone?) and trying to figure out what the final shape of my new home will be. I suppose there will be no finality, but only a constant record of change. I'll post some pictures as soon as I get access to a camera. (I've asked Mescalito to bring his over, but he has yet to come and visit me. Something about my lack of adequate seating.)

Cuban Sandwich taste testing today at work. Ah, the toils of the job…