Let's get started!

Initializing...



Monday, November 28, 2005

Bullshit!

Miami Police Take New Tack Against Terror

MIAMI - Miami police announced Monday they will stage random shows of force at hotels, banks and other public places to keep terrorists guessing and remind people to be vigilant.

Deputy Police Chief Frank Fernandez said officers might, for example, surround a bank building, check the IDs of everyone going in and out and hand out leaflets about terror threats.

The article goes onto say...
"People are definitely going to notice it," Fernandez said. "We want that shock. We want that awe. But at the same time, we don't want people to feel their rights are being threatened. We need them to be our eyes and ears."

This is absurd. Are people really going to stand for this shit? Oh wait - my rights, freedom, the right to be assumed innocent and not guilty, not to be searched without probable cause, all that supposedly makes America America - aren't being threatened. Go to the bank and get surrounded by police wanting to check id's. Bull-fucking-suck-my-cock-shit. This is really getting out of control.

I see police a lot in the train station during rush hours (not at 2 a.m. though when you really need them) and I'm waiting for the day they ask to search me. They never ask anyone, but that day will come soon I'm sure. No fucking way. Are people really that naive and un-american? I can understand the person in a real rush, but the g(uy)(al) going to work on a normal day who gets stopped for this shit and actually lets the search or show of id occur? Fuck them.

So with the subway if you didn't want to be searched, you had to find another subway station to use or bomb. With this, what happens if I refuse to be searched? Can I leave the bank? Can I get my ATM card out of the machine before leaving if they raid the bank in the middle of my transaction? What's the rules here? What if I'm having lunch and they decide to raid the restraunt I'm at - can I leave? Take my food? Will they compensate me if I can't?


PS - that guy was the inspiration for Top Gun. Are you fucking kidding me?