Let's get started!

Initializing...



Friday, April 13, 2007

The Best Story I've Read In A Long Time

Hey everyone! Long time no post. I know. I'm sorry. I'm blaming it on Mescalito and LP Goddess buying a house. You must understand that home ownership is a massive responsibility for those involved (which I'm not), requiring an amazing amount of both physical and mental labor (which I haven't done). So, clearly you can see that I have been very busy (avoiding painting).

I did, however, read that amazing article from The Washington Post that Mescalito pumped previously on this blog. This story asks the question: "Can one of the nation's great musicians cut through the fog of a D.C. rush hour. Let's find out." The musician in question is master violinist Joshua Bell, and he plays a $3.5 million violin designed by Antonio Stardivari for an hour in a D.C. Metro station. The results of this experiment shed more light on modern life than they do on modern music, but that's why the story is so great. Supremely well-reported and written (I was pissed I didn't do it myself), I highly recommend this article. (Good find Mr. Mesc!)

ON A SIDE NOTE...

I finally bit the bullet and got a MySpace page. I know, I know. It's not cool. It's lame. Yada yada yada. Honestly, MyCrack is not an inappropriate nickname, for no other reason than collecting friends is highly addictive. Check it out. Make fun of me. See if I care.

LIPS SERVICE

animals
From the archives of Pidibi

This weekend, I'm going to The Flaming Lips concert at Jannus Landing and probably to see Grindhouse (Gravity Boy is dying to discuss it with someone) with my new best friend Heidi. Who's Heidi you may ask? Hit the afore mentioned MySpace page and check my top friends for a hint.

Labels: , , ,