Let's get started!

Initializing...



Monday, February 14, 2005

I have been MIA in FLA

Sorry, I've been missing. Not much to say lately.
I've been depressed about my job and the current direction opf my life. Or lack of direction. I've been trying to get excited about more things, we'll see how that goes.

My job sucks (who's doesn't) I got really snowed when I was hired. I was hired to write and edit. I replied to an editors position (as this is my true background --but I have many backgrounds) but was hired as a writer producer. That's what I wanted. Now I am keeping inventory for another company that the man runs, almost never writing, and well, that's about it. I really only live to try and create things, anything. Art from garbage, men from wire, pictures, writings, movies, none of it may be any good, but it's what I like to do. I've been so out of sorts for so long now, not much has been accomplished. A project here, a project there. I need new direction, I need new gusto, steam...redbull.

So the more job depressed I get, the less I create, in all directions. That includes being on the blog. To add to all this, everything I own needs to be upgraded. But soon enough with all of that.

I am trying to get bak into Photography full time. I used to shoot pictures at Raymond James, right out of Film School. The when I worked for knowledgeview, I was their lead photographer. I took all the pictures for everyhitn. Mostly product shots. But I was damn good. IBM flew me to boulder to shoot their copiers, I shot the sony lline of electronics for their website. But enough. Point is I have always loved to shoot pictures, and it is one fo the jobs I have done, that I have done as a hobby, and still loved doing. If that makes any sense. Anyway, I would not want to shot product shots anymore. They are boring, stale, and bring nothing to anyone really. I've been shooting some stuff for the planet, but have been using other peoples cameras. That sucks. The cameras are very consumer as well. All automatic...blah...blah blah. So I am afraid to use these pictures are they are not representative of the work I am capable of, but to get my own "good" camera again, I need to make some money and well...we all see where this is going. SO I am doing that. Taking more pictures, and hpe to soon buy a new camera.

I need to write more, and I need to quit my job. No more working for people like that though. I want to freelance. I have always shyed away from it for tax reasons, but fuck that. I may even go back to school and get a degree in still photography. I would go well with my film school degree, and make me a master of all media. I have taken so many photography classes though, I am afraid of repetition, but I know that there is always more to learn.

thats it for now. My good buddy should be joining us here one day soon. That will be cool as well.

Peace in the middle east, or at least stop shotting shit.