Let's get started!

Initializing...



Friday, March 04, 2005

Sitting at home on a friday.

I called in sick today because of my injured arm. So, I have plenty of time to do the things I love, like posting on the Blog, making comments and going to the studio.But, now I want to post a link to something which I feel is very very cool.


A screen shot from Lunar Magic - a Mario level editor



Rom Hacks
Remember me mentioning this in my post yesterday? Well, I did. And I also mentioned that people sometimes make hacks of Mario world by changing the level layout, etc. Well, there is a way you, too, can get in on this without learning to program in C++.

A while back I found a level editor for Super Mario World for the SNES. I don't know how I found it. I think I was searching for Rom hacks and it came up in Yahoo or Google. Anyway, all you need to begin editing is the Rom and this downloadable program. The prog is free and downloadable from this web site. He does not provide the Rom, because it is protected by the IDSA, now the ESA, as we discussed in the comments section of my last great post. So, you'll either need to already have it or find it on the internet. Not hard. Infact, I thnk I already included a link to one web site that has it in a previous post.
What I'd like to do is have everybody work on their own hack and we can share them with each other. Wait. Is that illegal? If it's not legal, then I guess we can't do it ;)

Anyway. That's all for now.