Let's get started!

Initializing...



Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Subway highlights


Duco the Bag pipe musician from Holland!

I met the infamous New York bag pipe subway musician today, who goes by the name of Duco. I saw him talking to another subway musician( a flute player) - talking about the new bag pipe he is planning on making. We ended up on the same train, so I thought it might be nice to strike up a conversation. So, I inquired on his destination. He said he was heading to "dinner at church". After telling me where he was going, I asked him a few questions about his new bag pipe to be, and he proceeded to dazzle me with his knowledge on bag pipes, and music theory. Needless to say, I was not really understanding what he was telling me. Anyway, you see the bamboo pole he is holding? Well, that will be used for his new set of pipes. He explained to me that since the bamboo pole is cylindrical and doesn't open up at it's end like a funnel or the end of a horn (which I guess is standard on the bag pipes, pipes ends), that it will take less air to use and something else...I can't remember. Anyway, if you want to learn more about bag pipes, go to his web site doedelzakker.tripod.com or go to his blog. It seems he needs some help getting hits. So, let's go over there and leave a few comments. Maybe we could link to his site. Hell, we've linked to Athens blog. ;-) Why not?