Let's get started!

Initializing...



Saturday, May 21, 2005

We are the Children of the future.


Saturday
Uh-huh. You know I don’t want to stray but I was just a cat. And I was thinking about when I was younger. There was a time when Saturday nights meant one thing…me in front of the television set. The Golden Girls, and 227, not to mention the Facts of Life. There was a time though, when I yearned for something more substantial, something greater. It was late night, and it was live. It was everything I wanted, everything I had worked my whole week for. The only problem was, the program was never on, usually, running in it’s place was a god damn piece of shit called “Saturday Night Live”. On those special weekends though, when the stars aligned…we could all gather together, and watch “Saturday Nights Main Event”.

Here’s the lineup from one I remember…

Saturday Night's Main Event XIV: January 2, 1988
* WWE Tag Team Champions Strike Force over Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zuhkov.
* Jake Roberts over Sika.
* World Champion Hulk Hogan over King Kong Bundy.
* Greg Valentine over Koko B. Ware via submission.

from the private archives of pidibi