Let's get started!

Initializing...



Sunday, September 11, 2005

National days of what?

Our Wise and all knowing(but knowing only those things that can reasonably be anticipated and knowable) President has declared September 9th - 11th National Days of Prayer. When I first heard this, I thought,"Can he do this?"

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim Friday, September 9, through Sunday, September 11, 2005, as National Days of Prayer and Remembrance. I ask that the people of the United States and places of worship mark these National Days of Prayer and Remembrance with memorial services and other appropriate ceremonies.

But, I guess he can. I guess since he really isn't advocating any particular religious movement or ideology over another, it is technically alright for him to do this. As for it's appropriateness, I think he has once again crossed the line. But, knowing this buffoon, who would expect anything less?

Taking that in mind - the National Days of Prayer - I figured I would post some facts I found at Harper's online about our Founding Fathers:

Number of America’s nine “Founding Fathers” who denied the divinity of Jesus: 7[Frank Lambert, Purdue University (West Lafayette, Ind.)]

Minimum number of illegitimate children had by the nine: 9