Let's get started!

Initializing...



Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Waiting For The NyQuil To Take Hold.

I can't sleep. I've been sick since Saturday with a nasty chest cold. I'll admit that thus far I have gotten off somewhat easy. LP Goddess reported vomiting in her bout with the beast. My breathing is greatly hampered by the 74 pound rock I accidentally shoved down the wrong pipe and into my lungs. Fortunately, I have thus far avoided any head congestion. The only fog I've had is directly related to my intake of cough medicines. However, I enjoy taking time out every few minutes to cough up a little chunk of the now 73 pound rock in my lung. But that's not what I came here to say.

No, I came here instead to express my hatred for CNBC's Mad Money show hosted by Jim Cramer (formerly of the insipid Kudlow and Cramer).

It's not so much Cramer that gets under my skin. (Although, really man, you're going to blow out your ticker if you don't stop screaming at the top of your lungs about mineral stocks.) No, it's the ridiculous way the show is shot that really fucking pisses me off. The cameras careen around the set, giving the whole thing a motion that matches Cramer's insane gesticulations. (Seriously: This guy is a raving lunatic mental patient. Only he made a shitload of money playing the market, so it's all good. Society gives him a show instead of a cell. Nice deal.) There seems to be little rhyme or reason as to where the camera shots start from, which means that at various points in tonight's episode the P.O.V. was of Runaway Jim viewed from a corner of the set, below the front of his desk, behind him, below him and from behind a plant. (I made that last one up.) Click here for a Flickr show of some more pictures from Mad Money.

Update on Mondo Condo #1: The other day was really windy in St. Pete. When I returned home that evening I found the top portion from the sign for 6th Avenue Lofts lying on my sidewalk. The sign has remained, now in the middle of the street, ever since.



Good night!