Let's get started!

Initializing...



Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Today in India

It's hard to have a lot of new stories to tell since I'm working all day long. I did manage to grab a few more photots when we went out for lunch. I had my first official Indian meal. I've had Indian once or twice before in London, but nothing like this. I stuck with various chicken dishes and some steamed rice. Everything was really good, especially the chicken kabobs which were fantastic. I'll try to bring some bird flu back for you guys.

This picture shows the amazing contrast of things here. There's so many beat up, old buildings yet the city is undergoing a major transformation. As you can see, there is a beautiful new building in the background. This is not where I am working this week, but the building I'm in is pretty similar.



This one is the 3 wheeled trucks! There's also 3 wheeled cars, but you get the idea. About 2 seconds after I snapped this pic, the guy in the truck turned and gave me a huge smile. I waved and smiled back at him. It was a real international moment.















In the distance here is the hotel I'm staying at. Again, new building amongst a disaster like zone.

I'm currently uploading a large video to google videos. Given the slow connection here it's taking a while. I recorded most our drive back from work in the taxi - about 7 or 8 minutes. Gives a pretty good sense of the chaos and horn honking on the streets. I'll like back to it later after the upload is done.