Let's get started!

Initializing...



Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Speak English?




Joe asked me just the other day about putting music and sound onto the blog. So, I checked it out and it is surprisingly easy. All one need do is use a simple <embed> tag:

<embed src="soundfile.mid" hidden="false" border="0" width="310" height="45" autostart="true" autoplay="true" loop="true" volume="75%">


I found this example @:angelfire.com

I know I just opened up another Pandora's box here. The tricky thing about adding sound is that if everyone were to do this AND have the settings of the embed tag on Auto start and auto play AND have it loop endlessly, things could get really ugly. So, if you do this, out of consideration for others, please set the above mentioned settings to "false". This way, if someone wants to hear what you have posted, all they have to do is push play. Cool. My job is done here.


As for the Sound file, I found that at Moviewavs.com