Let's get started!

Initializing...



Sunday, April 03, 2005

Shed a Tear

I know it sounds harsh, but FUCK THE POPE! He can suck my sweaty nutsack! I don't know about you guys, but I didn't cry when I heard the news. But many did. I can't figure out why or how. How does one cry for someone they do not know or have any real link to. Sure religion is a strong link in some ways, but it's a whole different thing. I mean, they weren't losing a best friend, family member or even a DOG. Like how and why did people cry when Kennedy was shot? In that case I'd be very concerned only because the fate of the country - it's direction - would now be in question. Like now? No, not like now.

The Catholic church really has no impact on my life or very little. It's a novelty. If you go to Italy, for christ's sake, all of the churches there are simply TOURIST ATTRACTIONS!!! Sure they still hold services. I walked into one just to see a sculpture by Bernini - The Ecstacy of St. Theresa. I was with people and we had to pretend to be there for the service. so, we sat down and pretended to pray. but for the most part they serve as museums - a link to the past. And, the Pope, too, is a novelty, a nick-nack, a bobble head.

Ah, I just don't get it.

BooHoo!!! There ya go. Here's my symbolic tear for the bobble head long gone.
Here it is one more time in case you missed it: BooHoo!!!