Let's get started!

Initializing...



Monday, July 11, 2005

Making the Game of Your Dreams



Lately, I have been dividing my time between painting and working on building and designing a videogame to show case my artwork. I've always had the dream of making my own game.

So, some how I stumbled onto this program called GAMEMAKER, which is basically a development environment that allows a person who knows little to no programming language, like myself, to begin to learn how to create games of their own. And, I've been doing just that.

It has been quite the chore to get some basic things to work, and I know this is only the beginning of the many problems I will encounter.
Right now, I have been concentrating on getting the characters to act in a certain way, and designing the levels basic layout. Maybe in about a year I'll have something concrete to show you guys. But, I just wanted to put this out there to show you just how I am wasting my time.

One more thing: if you, too, have this dream, click the link and download this program. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it feels good when you do. There are tutorials on the site and there's also lectures on making all types of games.

I know, I am pathetic.