Let's get started!

Initializing...



Wednesday, August 24, 2005

This luck of mine.

So my car mishaps continue.

You may recall me mentioning my hatred for automobiles, and the fact that they keep breaking down on me. Well, after my Toyota kept overheating this weekend, we were forced to have it towed into a shop. When this happened, my good friend Scott (who had also been trying to fix my car for me) loaned me his Land Cruiser. Last night, while making a U-Turn, some guy in a Chevy Cavalier hit us. And now for the worst part. In the ensuing 3 minutes, I somehow let him convince me that we shouldn’t call the police. I’m not sure what really happened. It was one of those moments, when everything is happening so fast, and when you look back at it later, it’s one blur. The damage didn’t seem to bad to me at the time, but I’m no car expert. I called Scott to let him know what had happened, and he (understandably) freaked out. I felt horrible, and told him I would pay for the repairs, but he just kept asking, over and over, why I didn’t call the police. I had no answer. Which is a shitty place to be.

Him: “Why Didn’t you call the police?”
Me: “ I don’t know…it happened so fast…I don’t know”
Him: “Why didn’t you call the police?”
Me: :IT was a mistake, I don’t know, I was wrong”
Him: “Why didn’t you call the police?”
Me: “I’m sorry, I don’t know”

I really don’t know. It was a mistake. That is the truth though. So now I am going to be paying out of pocket for the car. This shit never ends with me.