Let's get started!

Initializing...



Sunday, September 11, 2005

Welcome Back Football!


In a continuing effort to write about things that frustrate and bore Mescalito, I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome back football!

I find something reassuring in the return of America's game. The rhythm of the season. The endless chatter of jock sniffing analysts and water-cooler pundants. In a time when it's nothing but bad news everywhere I turn, it's fun to watch grown men chase and beat down one another for nothing more then the cheers and approval of the screaming masses.

And millions of dollars.

No, I don't take it all very seriously anymore. Certainly not like I did in my teens and early 20s. If a game sucks, there is no reason to watch it. However, when two teams are playing well (like the Indy/Baltimore game I have on right now) it's a lot of fun. Utterly meaningless in the grand scheme. But fun.

Welcome back football. For the first time since 2002, I'm really glad to have you back.

Now Go Buc Yourself!