Let's get started!

Initializing...



Thursday, October 26, 2006

I Hate It When I'm Right


Man, when I changed the little saying at the top of the blog this afternoon I never expected that within a few hours the Democratic candidate for the Senate in Virgina, Jim Webb, would be destroyed by the Allen campaign with quotes from books WEBB WROTE AND PUBLISHED!

Check out the passages on Drudge. I don't care about the context. In no race for political office I've ever heard of does writing about a man putting his young son's penis in his mouth help the candidate's chances of winning elected office. I would go out on a limb and say it's going to hurt those chances 100% of the time.

How was this guy not vetted better by the Democrats in Virginia? How does this only come out now? Did no one check out Webb's MULTIPLE NOVELS? Was there no one checking Webb's viability as a candidate?

And you have to hand it to Allen: What a great fucking October surprise! How long do you think they had this little tidbit?

The race for control of the Senate really tightened today. If the Republican's hang on to control, this is the moment the election turned in their favor.