Let's get started!

Initializing...



Thursday, December 01, 2005

I don't know.

I feel more and more that the people and atmosphere of yesteryear are being shafted. First of all, there's this whole world record thing - guiness, olympic, special olympic or otherwise. Wait, the special olympics is ok because it makes them happy. Anyway, it's all bullshit (except for the special olympics - I want to make that clear). I bet the real world record for the 100 yard dash was set 40 or 50,000 years ago (or about 100 years ago for the christians). Is there any asterick with a footnote on guiness, the olympics, etc? I don't think so. They should though - out of respect for what are most likely the true record holders.

Which brings me to this whole hurricane record thing and how big of a deal the media and global warming enthusiasts make of it. It too is all bullshit. And the atmosphere should feel offended. I am quite sure there has probably been more active hurricane seasons in the last 1000 - 2000 years (10-20 years, christian time). And certainly in the past million, etc. (2000, christian time). The weather people know this because they usually says something like 'most active on record', but when you read stories about this stuff, you don't always see that. I'd be willing to bet that as recent as the last 75-100 years there were more active seasons, they just didn't know the storms were out there. Maybe they did because of people sailing the ocean, but I'm sure a few slipped by. Anyway, it's a complex planet with many things we don't know (except evolution. Things evolve, dammit!).